Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Trouble with Hope

Spring Time Bright Green 
(This is the water droplets' saga)
-By Kaylie
The trouble with Hope is that she gets beaten down and crushed- Sometimes she dies. . . I foolishly pinned my Hope on steroids for Evie, thinking they would strengthen her lungs and reduce the swelling in her liver and spleen.  After three doses, we had no such luck, and Hope got crushed again.  Now Evie's doctor will stop the steroids and consult with a pulmonologist (lung doctor) to try and figure out how to get Evie to breathe on her own.  Do I dare Hope they solve this soon?

I am at least happy to report that Hope has two sisters that can help, Patience and Love. Patience has seen us through the past 9 weeks, and she promises to stick around for months, if that's what it takes. I need to remember her when I'm getting dejected!  Love is quiet and sneaky, and she jumps out in the nick of time!  Today she gave me a wink when I held Evie and gazed at her beautiful toes.  Then Love smiled at me when I traced my pinkie across Evie's perfect lower-lip.  Thankfully, Love helped me fend off Despair today.

No comments:

Post a Comment